Did someone say “Christmas in July”? We often joke about a mid-summer Christmas, but truthfully that’s what the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale feels like to me. Nordstrom is essentially the FAO Schwartz for adult women with a penchant for shopping. And, Nordstrom’s Annual Sale is simply too good to ignore each year.
Of course, anyone familiar with the sale knows that it can be somewhat overwhelming. Whether in-stores or online, it helps to have an idea of what you want to buy in advance. I’ve personally already started prepping my wishlist and checking it twice to ensure I snag the best deals, and don’t go too crazy with my spending.
Over the years, I have learned to narrow my search to some key items:
- Jeans: I only buy denim when it goes on sale and this is the perfect time to stock up on a couple of pairs that can keep you going through the winer. Brands like AG and Mother are typically included in the Anniversary Sale, so be sure to stock up!
- Beauty: If you are getting antsy, awaiting Sephora’s annual beauty sale to come around again, fear not because Nordstrom’s got you covered. While Nordstrom is known more for their clothes and shoes, in recent years their Annual Sale has started to include more and more beauty savings and bundles. This year especially seems to have so many great deals, including lots of duos perfect for sharing with your bestie!
- Luxury Brands: Like ripping off a band-aid, I know that the thought of spending $$$ on a nicer piece comes with its reservations. That said, the Nordstrom Sale is a rare opportunity to get a statement piece that will outlive that Zara dress sulking in your closet (no shame in the Zara game though). Keep a lookout for amazing deals on Veronica Beard, Cult Gaia, and others.
- Boots: If you live somewhere like Texas, it’s hard to imagine it being cold anytime soon, but the day will come when you need a pair of boots to keep your toes warm and now is the time to buy. Buying in the off-season is a smart move in general, it’s just not a strategy that comes to mind as quickly when it’s the middle of July.
- Gifts: if you know anyone with a birthday coming up and want to get them something special, Nordstrom marks down Jo Malone candles, Barefoot Dreams blankets, and lots of other things that can be thoughtful gifts for the ones you love. Of course, you can buy these things for yourself too (no shame in that game).
Tomorrow marks the beginning of Early Access, so set your alarm and shop with the zeal of an Olympic track athlete! And, I love when you share your favorite finds with me!
Here are my favorites thus far:
Find these pieces linked here!
Everything linked here!
Shop these finds here!