There are days of the week where a home-cooked meal doesn’t sound like an option and I consider opening a bagged salad and calling it a night. However, more recently, I have fallen in love with sheet pan meals given how easy they are to make and that I can repurpose the ingredients throughout the week. Anyone who knows me knows my love for salmon, so if any of y’all are reading this post, this recipe will not come as a surprise to you haha! Granted, I didn’t think that eating salmon for dinner could be both attainable and affordable. Yet, Central Market sells center-cut salmon filets for under $15 a pound that I divide into four portions to use throughout the week! So of course, I have had ample opportunities to test all sorts of salmon recipes.
That being said, this is my go-to salmon recipe that I can whip up in under 30 minutes and always provides the comfort of a home-cooked meal without all the hassle. Under 10 ingredients, yet chock-full of flavor, this maple dijon-flavored sheet-pan meal is a staple in my recipe book. It is also a great Fall/Winter recipe given that it is approaching prime Brussel sprout season!
And, if you can’t find salmon you could easily adapt this recipe with chicken as well using the same marinade. This dish is versatile and adaptable to your preference! Of course, my personal preference will always be salmon so don’t be surprised if I’ve stocked up on all the available salmon at the grocery store before you get there – I take my fish very seriously. Although you are always welcome to come to my place for dinner, where the salmon is abundant and wine is on me! Cheers and happy cooking!
- 6-8 oz Atlantic salmon divided into 4 oz. filets
- 6 oz Brussel Sprouts (halved or quartered depending on the size)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set the salmon out while the oven preheats to bring it to room temperature which will ensure even cooking (about 20 minutes).
- Pat the salmon filets dry of any excess moisture and place them skin-side down on the parchment paper.
- Quarter the Brussel sprouts and lay them in an even layer next to the salmon on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dijon, olive oil, maple syrup, and chili powder.
- Brush the marinade over the top of each salmon portion and drizzle the remaining marinade over the Brussel sprouts. Toss the Brussel sprouts on the baking sheet with a spatula to coat.
- Season both the salmon and veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, turning on the broiler setting of your oven for the final five minutes. Then, remove and serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 10.8gSaturated Fat: 1.9gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 13.2gFiber: 3.8gSugar: 5.9gProtein: 13.1g