There are few combinations in life as perfectly matched as peanut butter and chocolate. I mean I would eat chocolate with just about anything, but peanut butter and chocolate holds a special place in my heart. In fact, it’s probably in my genes. Both my parents were and are hardcore peanut butter and chocolate fanatics. My dad and I used to split a Butterfinger or Reese’s after every lunch outing and my mom taught me the trick to sprinkle chocolate chips directly onto a spoonful of peanut butter.
I know there are those strange people who have an aversion to peanut butter, but if you are reading this post, you probably aren’t one of those people. So, I know I am in the company of people who get the obsession.
Thus, it will come as no surprise that I had the sudden and unexplained impulse to make peanut butter cookie bars this week. And I figured, why just put chocolate chips in them when the Unreal Snacks chocolate gems were tempting me from the grocery aisle on this week’s run. An hour later, these peanut butter cookie bars were born! Soft and chewy with a little bit of chocolate in every bite, this is one of those recipes you can make whenever the craving for peanut butter and chocolate strikes!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Start by lining a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate, larger bowl, combine the melted and cooled coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and chocolate candies (reserving some of each to decorate the top of the bars) and add the dough to the prepared pan. Press into an even layer with a spatula and top with the remaining chocolate.
- Bake the bars for 15-17 minutes until the edges begin to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and cut into 16 bars after the pan has completely cooled (about 30 minutes).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 15.2gSaturated Fat: 6.9gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 16.6gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 13.4gProtein: 5.8g