Ever since coming back to California to quarantine at home, I have taken every opportunity to improve my baking skills. I will be the first to admit that I am a better cook than I am baker. You’re probably thinking, “well, why should I make this or any other baked good you post?” which is a completely fair question. But trust me, few of the recipes I test ever make it to the posting stage because I never post anything that isn’t family-approved and certifiably delicious.
With the additional time that I have spent in the kitchen, I have also had an opportunity to fine-tune my baking skills more and had more success lately. Case in point: these pecan pie muffins!
Loaded with buttery pecans, oats, and coconut oil these little muffins are NEXT LEVEL. Not to mention, the aroma that fills the kitchen while these are baking is nothing short of divine! Although they taste much like your favorite pecan pie, they are under 200 calories, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free. Made with almond flour, coconut sugar, and maple syrup, these are an all-natural take on a classic pie that will elevate your breakfast game. I have been warming one up every day to have with my coffee and it could not be a better pairing to start the day! I hope you love them too!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup raw pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, measure and combine the almond flour, coconut flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Whisk the dry ingredients together to fully incorporate.
- In another bowl, whisk the coconut sugar, eggs, melted and cooled coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing to combine but being sure not to over-mix them.
- Add in the chopped pecans, reserving about 1/4 cup to add to the tops of the muffins.
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly between nine muffins and sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans over each one.
- Bake in the oven 18-20 minutes until the muffins have fully risen and are a deep golden-brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 muffins Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13.2gSaturated Fat: 7.8gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 17.4gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 12.5gProtein: 3g