If I am being completely honest, every year when trays of desserts start appearing at holiday gatherings, my sweet tooth becomes insatiable. All I’ve been craving is chocolate and gingerbread flavored everything. At this point, you could drizzle chocolate on cardboard and tell me it was a graham cracker – I wouldn’t know the difference at this point. However, the holiday season is the perfect time to put a spin on the treats I’ve been craving and make them a little more guilt-free, but taste just as indulgent.
These holiday spice oatmeal bites are everything I’ve been craving in two bites! Despite how tiny they are, they are so filling! These make for a great afternoon snack and dessert….or late-night snack. I’ll be snacking on these no-bake bites all winter long!
Serving size: 1 bite
Recipe makes 16 bites
Calories per serving: 98 cal
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter (looser consistency works better in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can also use honey if desired)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, mixing into an even consistency.
- Add in the oats, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cardamom to the bowl. Mix the ingredients until fully combined. If the mixture is too crumbly, you can drizzle in another tbsp. or so more almond butter.
- Allow the mixture to set in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish and melt in the microwave in 15-sec intervals until a completely smooth consistency is reached.
- Take the oatmeal mixture out of the fridge and taking about a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll the mixture into balls and set them on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Taking a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the bites and set them back in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened, feel free to enjoy the bites right away or store in a closed container in the fridge for up to a week!
I hope you enjoy these little bites as much as I do! Thank you for reading!