Y’ALL! I sincerely had the best time in Little Rock, AK over Labor Day Weekend. You know how when you’re a kid you dream of traveling to New York, LA, etc.? Well, after you’ve been to these major cities you start to realize that there’s a whole big world out there with equally exciting and charming places. Little Rock fits right in with these gems that often get overshadowed by the more popular tourist attractions across the US.
My lovely friend Kat invited a group of us gals to spend the weekend in Arkansas and I am so glad she did because it gave the ten of us time to bond without worries about school flooding our thoughts.
For once in my life, I actually planned my outfits for a trip and it made a world of difference. Even though I have yet to fit everything I need for a two-night stay in one bag, I do make an effort to consolidate my wardrobe with a few tricks I’ve picked up over the years. Here are just a few that I think help:
- Fight the urge to bring more than two pairs of shoes for a two-night trip. That allows for one pair that you can wear with all of your daytime outfits plus a pair of heels or tennis shoes if you do something that requires a certain style of shoe.
- Wear your bulkier pair of shoes when you travel there and back to avoid cramming them in your suitcase.
- Skip separates and opt for one-piece outfits. The beauty of a dress, romper, or jumpsuit is that all three eliminate the problem of bringing separates for each day. Not to mention, wearing a dress or romper has the immediate effect of making you look put together even if you just rolled out of bed!
- Keep a travel makeup bag! I love an organized makeup bag, but sometimes that comes at the expense of its portability. If you own one of those briefcase-size bags like I do, I have found it so helpful to get a small makeup bag that I can use for just the essentials. Between three shades of foundation for different seasons and spray tans (lol) consolidate the products you need and you’ll save so much space!
OK, now let’s talk outfits! I’ve put together a collage of the pieces I took with me and where to buy them!
- ASTR the Label Green Midi Dress: I adore ASTR the Label and their use of color and prints in their garments! This versatile piece can be dressed up with heels or dressed down with sandals depending on the occasion, and I love that it comes in this vibrant kelly green!
- BP. Midi Wrap Skirt: As someone who is under 5’4″, I don’t wear many skirts on account of most just aren’t made for someone my height. However, I love that this wrap skirt can be adjusted around the waist so that I don’t get swallowed in a sea of fabric. Not to mention, if you live somewhere hot, it is very lightweight and easy to throw on when jeans just won’t cut it!
- The Laundry Room Cozy Jumper: Back home, The Laundry Room recently opened in the shopping center near my house. I picked up two of the coziest jumpers that have become part of go-to pajama look! I took an ultrasoft cowl neck sweatshirt I picked up back home to Arkansas, but couldn’t find the exact one I purchased and am including this comparable option!
- BP. Ruffle Strap Tank: I wore this bright-colored tank with the wrap skirt shown above and it was such a simple, yet chic outfit for our day out on the town. I love that this tank is easily packable, doesn’t wrinkle, and has the cutest ruffle straps for an added girly flare!
- Marc Fisher Platform Sandals: If you know me, you’ve definitely seen me wear my Marc Fisher platforms more than once as they are my absolute favorite pair of sandals in my closet! The pair I wear is from last season and I couldn’t find the exact pair, so I included this style which comes in a variety of colors! If you want to add a little height and are looking for a pair of sandals you can wear the entire day without any discomfort, these are my top choice.
- Adidas Sneakers: I had to share my beloved Adidas sneakers just because I need a new pair and have yet to find any styles I like as much as this one! If you have narrow feet, I would opt for Adidas over Nike and these were perfect for our hike on our last morning in Little Rock!
- Michael Stars Midi Dress: By far one of my best Amazon purchases last year, this dress is ideal for a day of travel. Wear it on a flight or long car ride and you’ve got the best of both worlds: comfort and style. Plus, it doesn’t need to be ironed! I just might have to snag it in another color…
If you have any questions about fit/sizing or where to shop these brands outside of the links provided, please reach out to me! I hope these tips and fashion picks help you with your next little adventure and appreciate you tuning in to this post!