Of the many reasons to love summer, perhaps one of the best is that peaches are in season! As often as I say that nothing beats California produce, I would be lying if I said our peaches compare to the ones I’ve been finding in Dallas lately. Perfectly plump and sweet, peaches have been calling my name lately and I’ve been on a peach salad kick!
This little peach number is simple to make and is great both on its own or as a side for your next grill party (if you can be willed to stand over a grill in late July). Bright and colorful ingredients make this salad just as insta-worthy as it is crave-worthy. With a tangy shallot vinaigrette, it is flavor-packed and has me dreaming of peaches all summer long! Would it be wrong to do a three-course peach-inspired menu? I’m envisioning caramelized onion peach tartlets to start and a peach berry crisp to finish…I may just be hungry but I think I might be on to something here!
- 3-4 yellow peaches
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 10 oz spring mix lettuce (I like the Organic Girl blend)
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- crumbled feta cheese
For the Shallot Vinaigrette:
- 1 medium shallot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tsp honey
- Begin by roughly chopping 1 medium shallot and adding it to a small food processor or blender.
- Add the juice of two lemons, olive oil, dijon, balsamic, and honey to the food processor and blend the ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- Next, add the spring mix lettuce to a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Halve the peaches and remove the pits. Then, thinly slice and add them the bowl.
- Next, halve and thinly slice the red onion and dice the avocado, adding both to the salad.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup of candied walnuts and toss into the salad.
- Taking the previously prepared dressing, drizzle half over the salad and toss to combine. Taste before adding the remainder of the vinaigrette to the salad.
- Finally, top each plate of salad with crumbled feta cheese and enjoy!
Summer is served! Hope y’all have the chance to make this recipe and offer your feedback! Until next time, thank you for reading!