Summer sunshine and torrid weather mean our bodies go through a lot of changes this time of year and I am no stranger to this. I have always struggled with my skin and between redness, dryness, and my fair complexion, I am extremely conscious about what I put in and on my body. My hair, on the other hand, is its own beast. Taming this lion’s mane requires constant TLC, and the humidity in Dallas gives my hair a life of its own! Fortunately, the day to day challenges of maintaining healthy-looking hair and a glowing complexion has become more attainable.
Beyond making a more conscious effort to hydrate and eat clean during this time of year, I have been using some new products that have made a profound difference for my hair and skin! Here are the saviors to my hair and skin routine:
- Ouai Leave-in Conditioner: This product came in my spring Fab Fit Fun box, and I am in love with it. Unlike other leave-in conditioners I have used in the past, Ouai’s leave-in conditioner does not leave my hair feeling gummy. With natural ingredients and lightweight feel, my hair is so much glossier and smooth each morning!
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream: I literally bought this product last week and I am shocked by how quickly it has begun to transform my skin! Although I have to exfoliate to help with dry skin, even a gentle exfoliant occasionally creates red blotches on my skin, and the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream has helped tremendously with this. Containing glacial glycoproteins, which hail all the way from Antarctica (no, I’m not making this up), this cream revitalizes and fortifies your skin cells. I originally purchased this when I ran out of my sample of polypeptide cream from Drunk Elephant. Not wanting to spend $68 on the cream, I found the Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream at a fraction of the cost. In my mind, it is just as effective and I don’t feel as guilty applying it twice a day.
- Fresh Sugar Face Polish: I love this exfoliating product from Fresh! Of all exfoliants I have tried, this one has been one of the most gentle on my sensitive skin. With fresh strawberry seeds and 100% pure ingredients, your skin will thank you for using this and any other product from Fresh! Not to mention, it smells so good that I have to remind myself it’s for my face and not edible.
- Grace & Stella Rose Facial Spray: Another Fab Fit Fun discovery that came in my summer box, I have been loving the Grace & Stella facial spray. Truthfully, I had my doubts about it – I’m not usually one for facial sprays because I tend to not like the residue they leave on my face and don’t usually feel that they do much for my skin. But this product is a game changer! Not only does it do wonders for parched skin, but it does not leave your skin feeling sticky and smells amazing.
- Elta MD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen: Elta MD’s sunscreen is not just a summer staple, but a year-round staple for me. This SPF 46 sunscreen contains zinc oxide – which is something to look for in any sunscreen you use – but does not go on white and chalky. I apply this hydrating lotion every morning and recommend this to anyone with acne-prone or sensitive skin! It is ultra-lightweight, goes on clear, and is something I cannot live without!
While these products have been my favorite this summer, if you have any that you can’t live without, please share as I am always interested in expanding my beauty repertoire!
Thanks so much for reading!