I am a nut for nuts. I always snack on nuts and consider myself a nut butter connoisseur, although I still haven’t found pecan butter yet (one day *sigh*). So of course, I love adding nuts to salads – especially candied walnuts But, when I ran out of my favorite salad topping recently, I decided to make do with what I had lying around and surprisingly, they might just be my new favorite thing. You won’t find a lot of recipes for candied pistachios, but they are honestly such a perfect candidate for a little caramelization (I mean, what isn’t a good candidate though?).
These honey-glazed pistachios are just the right amount of sweet and salty to pair with any salad, though I absolutely love them tossed in a summer strawberry and feta salad. They have just a hint of heat to make them flavor packed and honestly just as satisfying to munch on their own.
Cook Time: 5-7 min
Calories (per serving): 211 cal
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 cup shelled, raw pistachios
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Lay out a small sheet of parchment paper close by, and preheat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Then, add both the honey and butter to the skillet, allowing them to melt together. Be careful not to let the heat become too high and burn the honey butter mixture.
- Once the butter and honey have melted, toss in the pistachios, stirring occasionally with a nonstick spatula until they are a golden brown color and begin to become fragrant (about 5 min).
- Before taking them off the stovetop, sprinkle in the chili powder and give the nuts a final stir.
- Careful spread out the nuts in an even layer on the parchment paper to cool. If you don’t want the pistachios to clump together, you disperse them with your spatula.
- After they have completely cooled, you can store the nuts in a mason jar for a week *Pro tip: You might want to hide them from yourself because they’re pretty dang delicious.